Da Bomb Chicken Wings – zingy lime curry butter.
Since I unpacked all my cookbooks and put them in the book shelf in the kitchen, I thought to myself, in all these books I have probably cooked two recipes from each book. A few exceptions would be recipes from my trusty oldies I brought from Ireland.
Now I know this might sound strange, but not having TV for 26 years, I have not really watched any cooking shows except while staying in hotels, or the time I visited my mother for 3 months at the beginning of her dementia. We watched her favorite program where the Irish chef’s are given a few ingredients and have to make something quickly.
I watch food films on Netflix, and loved the Anthony Bourdain TV series, No Reservations and Parts Unknown. He’s the kind of guy I’d like to have a martini with at some seedy bar, shoot the breeze and chow down on Da Bomb Chicken Wings in a zingy lime curry butter. Have you read his books? I have and enjoyed them immensely as they are highly entertaining.
Lately I have seen Top Chef and Hell’s Kitchen and can’t believe what I see. Everyone is so tense and stressed. I wonder how that food tastes with all that drama in the hands that prepare it.
I am a firm believer that when you cook a meal with love and mindfulness, it radiates into the food and is felt and shared by the people who eat it. …Same with blessing the food before it’s eaten. When I grew up we never said a blessing before eating, and I remember when I watched American films and TV shows like The Waltons, where families gathered around the table saying grace. I had a longing for that. Now I thank the universe and bless our food.
I am on a mission and have included Bill in that said mission (whether he knows it or not), to cook something different every day. And from one of our many cookbooks. I wanted something that was quick and easy but packed with punch and flavor and this one has it all.
This recipe for Da Bomb Chicken Wings – zingy lime curry butter was adapted from Tyler Florence’s cookbook called Tyler’s Ultimate.
I made it last night (so easy), we had friends over for happy hour and it was devoured in minutes, everyone sucking on the sweet, tasty, tangy wings that smelled heavenly.
Da Bomb Chicken Wings – zingy lime curry butter
You will need
- 4 pound of chicken wings ( organic )
- Olive oil
- Himalyan fine salt and ground black pepper
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 Tbs honey
- 2 tsp Thai red curry paste
- 2 Tbs soy sauce or Tamari (which is gluten free)
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425ºF
- Rinse wings in cold water and pat dry.
- Pop them into a big bowl, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and give it a good mix.
- put wings on a baking sheet and roast for about 30 minutes, till cooked and golden crisp.
- In a processor or blender, add butter, lime zest and juice, curry paste, honey and soy sauce. Season with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Scoop butter into a large bowl and add the hot wings the minute they are out of the oven.
- toss with a thongs and put on nice platter and scatter the cilantro.